Monday, 9 May 2011

Play of the Day: May 10, 2011

For the play of the day today I look to the opener of a 3-game set between the New York Yankees and the Kansas City Royals. Originally I wanted to look at the Yankees to win this game but there is too much "juice" with the Yankees laying 230 on the money line and still a healthy 115 on the run-line, no thanks. Usually if I see this much juice in the MLB I take the underdog immediately with such good value (+190 in this case) because in baseball, unlike other sports, trends are not as accurate, but with Kyle Davies and his 10.00 ERA on the road (that's right - 10.00) there's no chance in hell I'm picking the Royals.

So I looked at the total. This is a line that should probably be a 10, maybe even a 10.5 but they have it at 9.5, for now anyways. The Yankees have a good offense, hitting the most homers in the majors so far (by a healthy margin) and the Royals have been hitting the ball well this year as well. So, because both teams have good offenses and both pitchers (Freddy Garcia-NYY and Klye Davies-KC) have an ERA over 5.00 in their last 2 starts, I'm leaning to the over. Good luck!

Pick: OVER 9.5 runs

No comments:

Post a Comment